Monday, August 18, 2008

#6 08/13/08 Are you "Tire"d?


I work at a marina.  Outside the marina there is a line of tires that indicates the end of the wakeless zone.  These tires also have light on them.  Ever since I saw them i said to myself "Before I leave I NEED to swim out there and run across those tires"  And that's exactly what I did.  I took the Turkish people, my roommate, and some other employees from Columbia in a paddle boat, and paddle boated out to those tires, where we proceeded to run across them.  It was a blast even before we got to the tires.  The paddle boats we took out didn't have a rudder, so we had no way of steering the boat.  It took us like 20 minutes to get to the tires when it should have taken like 5 minutes.  We were laughing so hard!!
Ok, now to the tires:  These tires were huge and probably had like hundreds of spiders on them, but we went at night so we didn't care.  They were wobbly and had so much algae on them.  It kind of grossed me out but hey, it was something I'd never done before.  I liked it!

Kind of  a cool night scene...
                                                            Me and the boys    



No comments: