Sunday, August 17, 2008

#5 08/12/08 To slide... or Not to Slide... Use the Force!

I did two new things today : I went down my very first houseboat slide and I drove in a boat back into the marina with Star Wars music blaring!  I'll explain.  For my job, I teach people how to use their houseboats, and then I drive, or pilot, them out and I drive them back in when their vacation is over.  So I was driving some people in, and they had a huge speaker on the front deck.  They looked at me and said, "Are you ready?" and I was like "Huh?" and before I knew it, they started the music and there I was driving in the houseboat with the Darth Vader theme song blaring.  It was the funniest/nerdiest thing I've ever done!  DUM, DUM, DA DUM, BUM DA DUM, BUM DA DUM!!  
I can't believe I'd been working that long at boat rentals and hadn't gone off a houseboat slide.  That all ended today!  It was a blast and hopefully the video will work because it is awesome!
Me and Tyler after the slide


No comments: