Saturday, August 16, 2008

#4 08/11/08 Hold What?

There are some new people down here from Turkey that we've been hanging out with.  They wanted to play poker, so tonight, I learned how to play Texas Hold'em!  I can see why people love to gamble.  It's a lot of fun if you win the "money" or in our case, playing cards.  We didn't play with real money, so I think my integrity is still in tact. It was a lot of fun!  We can't really understand the Turkish people and they don't really understand us, so it was a challenge to actually learn the game.  Once we got it it was easy, and I won a lot! :)  Since I'm kind of on this "doing new things every day kick" I also learned to count to ten in Turkish.  Pretty cool huh?  I'll demonstrate:

one bir (pronounced "beer")
two iki (prounounced "icky")
three uc (pronounced "ootch")
four dort
five bes (pronounced "baysh")
six alti (pronounced "altuh")
seven yedi
eight sekiz (pronounced "se keys")
nine docuz (pronounced "doh koos")
ten on (pronounced "oh-n")

                                                         This is the rules for who wins...

                                    This is me, chagatay, mckell, mikelle, chiat, and machit.

                                   That was a good round for me!  Look how much I won!

                               This picture was never meant to look creepy or gay, but alas, it does...

No comments: