Friday, January 2, 2009

#118 12/13/08 John Schmidt has a sense of humor!!

It's not too hard to guess what my new thing today was.  My mom, my little sisters and I all went to the John Schmidt Christmas Concert.  When my mom told me she got tickets to it, I didn't think it would be fun.  I actually thought I would fall asleep in it.  But boy was I wrong.  The music group Noteworthy opened the show.  This group consists of 9 AMAZING SINGERS from BYU, all girls.  They have one girl that did beat boxing, one soloist, and the others just harmonize and make the song their own.  Seriously, these girls have outstanding talent!!  Go here to see them performing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkNZpO6QQ4 Or check out their website noteworthyladies.com
After Noteworthy, John started it off by playing a song with two hip hop dancers intrigue me with their talent.  It was probably the coolest/weirdest thing I've ever seen!  After that number, I was hooked.  John was/is a really down to earth guy, and a comedian too.  During transition from one song to the next, he would either tell a joke or a story that made everyone laugh.  He's such a goof ball, but also a brilliant musician.  Right before intermission, he called his sons out on stage and they all threw out little  souvenir balls like they do at a basketball game.  He also had his dad come out and do a little stand up comedy for us.  It was such an excellent show.  I suggested to my mom that we make it a Christmas tradition.  So next year at this time, you'll know where I'll be: JOHN SCHMIDT CHRISTMAS CONCERT!!

No comments: