Thursday, January 1, 2009

#113 12/04/08 "We are the Champions"

Today was the Championship game vs WTF in indoor intramural soccer.  I knew this game would be a close one.  Actually to be honest, I thought we were going to lose, because we played them last time and they creamed us.  We started out the game with one more player than them.  They only had 4 players instead of 5.  By halftime, the score was 5 to 1 or 2.  We thought we had the game in the bag, but all of the sudden, we got tired and they started scoring.   Before we knew it, the game was tied!  I played the goalie and made some pretty awesome blocks.  They were all really good shooters.  
So there we were, game tied and over.  We went into a shootout to determine who the winner would be.  I was the goalie for our team.  Here's how it went down:
We shot first: made it!
they shot: went wide

We shot: Made it!
They shot: hit the post

We shot: Made it
They shot: I blocked it!  It was the best feeling in the world!

It felt so good to be dubbed Intramural Soccer CHAMPIONS!!!  It felt like the time in High School when we were State Champs but better because I actually played in this game!  
We even got a T-shirt that says "Intramural Champions"  

One of the best days of my life!

No comments: