Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Longest Three Days of my life...

Weekends are my favorite :)

I need to back up because it's been a while. I'll start with my 3rd regional SWE (Society of Women Engineers) conference held this year in warm and sunny Palm Springs, California. We left on Thursday morning at five a.m. on March 3rd on a bus for 12 hours to get there. Before I talk about that, I need to back up again. The three days before we left was one of the hardest three days of my life. On Monday, I had a HUGE Composites program due at 4 p.m. Those who know my engineering life know that I am not a very good programmer, so it takes me like 3 times longer to finish the same program as another person. I'd been working on it all weekend, and put at least 15 or more hours into it. Monday came, and it still wasn't done, so I skipped all my classes and finished it at 3 p.m. I was so exhausted after that. Luckily my awesome friend Amanda helped me find the problem with my program and fixed it. I owe her big time!

After I turned that in, I had a huge design presentation due on Tuesday at 1 p.m. My team presented and then sat through 4 more hours of other design presentations! It was such a long day. After that I had a HUGE 10% of my grade project for Instrumentation due that night at midnight. My entire class was in the lab that night, and I turned my project in at 11:52 p.m.

After THAT I had to go home and pack because we were leaving at 5 a.m. However, I had another assignment that I had to get done before I left, so I stayed up all night working on that assignment and making a scrapbook page for a SWE competition. I only got 1 hour of sleep that night, but managed to sleep for like 8 on the bus. To shorten these posts, I will terminate this one and talk about SWE conference on the next post. :)

No comments: