Sunday, March 20, 2011

Palm Springs!



I always love going to SWE conference! It's a great way to network, socialize, and get out of freezing Logan for a while. In the previous post I mentioned that we took a bus for 12 hours to get there, but once we got there it was really fun.

We got there around 7 p.m. and decided to look around for something to do after checking into our hotel. We discovered that it was the fair or something because there everyone and their dogs literally were there! I swear that every person we saw had a dog, or dogs were riding in strollers. Those Californians loved their dogs. The fair had tons of food, and vendors selling jewelry and art pieces. It had singers trying to earn money and one artist would create his masterpieces right on the spot using spray paint. It was incredible! I'll speak for Erin and Emily when i say this, but the glass fireplaces were probably my favorite part:





Then we ate some frozen yogurt at this wonderful place:




The next day, we went on a 3 hour hike with most of our group. We climbed little hills and just soaked up all the sun we could. When we got back, we hit the pool for a good 3-4 hours and got mildly burnt. That night we had the opening social with the other sections in our region. We saw girls from the U, BYU, CalPoli, Weber, and a couple more. It was fun because the party was right by the pool! We ate food and socialized with the other sections. That night, we "watched" exercise videos that were free in our hotel because we were too full to move!




This is us with Lucy from "I Love Lucy" She's not real, only just a statue. Also, no making comments about how awesome my hair looks in these pictures.




Erin left her wallet, drivers license and money back in Utah, so we had to go to Chase bank so she could get some money for the rest of the trip. Her mom works at Chase so Erin was able to get some moolah. sidenote: There were many dogs INSIDE the bank too! It was so funny!



This is us at a burger joint called "The Grind". I would highly recommend it. These people had great service and delish burgers and sweet potato fries :)



As you can see, all we did was eat all day every day. This is a piece of 4 layer thick chocolate cake along with his friend german chocolate cheescake :) SO YUMMY!

Saturday was the actual conference. We woke up early for a fancy breakfast and keynote speaker that inspired all of us to take chances and to not be afraid of failure. After breakfast, the rest of the day consisted of multiple workshops and speakers. Then we had lunch and another speaker. After lunch, we went and got our swag at the Career Fair and then spent an hour at the pool lovin' life. That night we had dinner (I got the Salmon) and another speaker. It was great, but I was ready to get out of my business clothes, and into my swimsuit to go to the hot tub, which is what we did after dinner.

Sunday, we walked 2 miles to go to church in the sun, and then the members there shuttled us back to our hotel. I love that church is the same everywhere you go :) We got back on the bus and headed home at 12:30 p.m. We didn't get home until 4 a.m. on Monday morning!!! It was the longest bus ride of my life... I'm glad I went, but I'm more glad that the week after was spring break!!

No comments: