Sunday, March 27, 2011

Can YOU win it in a minute?

Last night was one of the most fun and unique group dates I've ever been on! My date picked me up and we went to his buddy Preston's house, where his roommates had decorated their apartment especially for us. There were pictures of the temple and MormonAds about celestial marriage right by the dinner table. On the table there were three pamphlets including one entitled: "The purpose of life". There were a couple more on celestial purity. It was pretty funny :) For dinner, we ate Hawaiian Haystacks which tasted amazing!!

One of Preston's roommates was playing guitar at Fredricos for the night, so after dinner, we went and watched him play while playing Uno at the same time. He did a big Jason Mraz tribute, so I really liked it. I also saw one of my favorite people in the world there, Andrea. She always makes me happy :)

Once the concert was over, we headed back to Preston's apartment to play "Minute to Win It!". I've only seen that show once and thought it was pretty entertaining to watch. Let me tell you, it's WAY more fun to actually play! Jake and I were competing against two other couples. The girls started out first by picking "tic tac toe". The game went as follows: 9 cups were set up on the table in a box-like fashion, and each of the girls had one minute to get a three in a row, like tic tac toe. I went last and ended up smoking the two girls, I got three in a row in 12 seconds! It was so fun!

The boys were next.
Their challenge was called "shot glass" or something like that. There were 3 tall skinny prom glasses with a diameter big enough for a ping pong ball to fit through. The challenge was to take a tape measure from five feet away, put the ping pong ball on the top, and slide it down the tape and place it in each of these glasses in one minute. Jake was the only one of the guys to succeed!! :) That's what you get when you have two engineers on one team. ;)

Girls turn:
We'll call this game "ping pong launch" even though I'm pretty sure that's not what it's called. The object of this challenge was to get in at least 3 ping pong balls into a laundry basket on the other side of the room by launching them with a towel if that makes any sense. It was kind of like when you play water balloon catch and toss with a towel, but the boys were holding down two corners of the towel. I'll try and show you...


Me and the boys< laundry basket and Jake throwing me balls.
(I'm the O with arms throwing the towel)
_o __
O _l - - - - - - - - - - - -l__l O
o

Needless to say, I was the only girl to do this in under a minute as well :)

The boys next challenge was called "candy elevator" They had to put string attached to two pencils glued together behind their ears and pull the gum on the "elevator" up to their mouth and eat it in a minute. Jake did it the fastest, but he missed his mouth and dropped it so we were disqualified :( I'll try and draw another picture with my keyboard...

Ok I tried drawing a picture of him doing it, but blogger wouldn't have it. So you're just going to have to use your imagination... sorry :(

My last challenge was pretty hilarious and I'm glad that no one recorded it... 5 ping pong balls were placed into an empty tissue box and that was attached to a belt. I put that belt on so that the tissue box was behind me, and my job was to shake out the balls in one minute. I think I did it in 58 seconds...I was tired after that too. You try and twist and jump up and down for a minute straight! I'm not going to attempt to draw it. I'm sure you get the jist of it. Also I'm sure you're sick of reading this. I'm sick of typing it. Last challenge ahead.

The last challenge was for the boys. They needed to bend down and grab paper bags of various heights with their mouths and place them on the table. Alas, both Jake and I don't come close to touching our toes, so we lost. I still had a blast and would totally do it again :)

No comments: