Sunday, October 12, 2008

#46 09/23/08 "GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!"

As faithful readers know, I ref intramural soccer games for my job.  Sometimes, the team never shows up, and has to forfeit.  If that happens, we as refs still get paid, but we can choose to play or go home.  Since I had to ref right after the game that forfeit, I decided to play.  It was a lot of fun!  Lots of competition, intense soccer game.  We had so many shots on goal but none were dropping.  In attempts to score again, we headed toward their goal.  My teammate had the ball on the corner, saw me open and gave me a crisp pass right to my feet.  With one shot, that ball was in the back of the net, top right corner.  That's right. I scored a goal playing intramurals.   It was the best shot I've ever made.  Ok not true, but it was a close second or third.  Either way, it made me feel good!

No comments: