Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chicag- OH! So close...

I'm in the beautiful city of Chicago for Annual Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Conference!! I'm so excited! What could be better? I'm missing school, and I don't have to do any homework for the rest of the week. I miss Nate, but I'm seeing him next week :)

The trip here started out as a good one. We flew from Salt Lake to Minneapolis and I sat by the coolest woman. People who know me know that I'm a very friendly person especially with strangers, so naturally I asked her where she was from and where she was headed. She said, "I'm going to go see my boo, you know girl? He's a football player up in Wisconson" She busted out her sweet iPad2 and showed me a picture of him. "He's fine right?" She's dating a Green Bay Packer! Crazy huh? The more I got to know her, the cooler she became. She is a legit model and knows all these famous people. She told me she's been modeling since she was 18 and she's traveled all over the world for her job. "I tried bein' married for six years, but he was the wrong guy for me." She knows tons of famous people. Once again, busted out the iPad2 and showed me pictures of her modeling and a bunch of pictures of her with famous people like Nelly and Little Jon and Sean Paul. I just kept thinking to myself, her life is SO much different than mine is. I'm just this geeky Mormon and she has people make her look stunning every day. I've never met anyone like her in my life. It was such a fun plane ride. Oh, one more thing that I can think of right now. I felt really cheap sitting next to her with my "Engineers are Sexy" shirt and my worn out jeans. She had to have been wearing $300 jeans at least, and she was wearing a head wrap thing. She looked legit. I can't imagine living that kind of lifestyle. Having people buy you extremely nice things, having your own body guard and driver, staying in a mansion in Africa, going to Paris, Germany, etc...
Even though she's extremely cool and I was a little star struck without really knowing her, I'm still grateful to be going to school and living in Utah, and dating the most fantastic man ever :)

Tomorrow is workshops and more workshops until I pass out from fatigue. More updates tomorrow!!

No comments: